Select Business Experience:
- Non-executive Chairman of the board of directors of Aaron’s, Inc. (“Aaron’s”), a lease-to-own retailer (2014-Present)
- Director and non-executive Chairman of Citizens Trust Bank, a privately-held African American-owned bank, and its affiliated holding company (2003-present)
- Held several executive positions at AT&T from 1968-2003, including President of the Southern Region, its largest region, President and Chief Executive Officer of AT&T Tridom, Vice President of Operations for AT&T Business Customer Care, Vice President of AT&T Outbound Services and Vice President of AT&T Public Relations
Current Public Company Directorships
- Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure, a public company that invests in transportation infrastructure and equipment (2015-Present)
- Aaron’s (2002-Present)
- Acuity Brands, Inc., a public lighting solutions company (2001-Present)
Past Public Company Directorships
- Avnet, Inc. (2000-2017)
- Citizens Bancshares Corporation (deregistered as a public company in 2017)
- RailAmerica Inc. (2009-2011)
Other Leadership Experience and Service:
Member of the board of directors of the Georgia Aquarium; Vice Chairman of the East Lake Community Foundation; and member of the board of trustees of the University of Denver.
Key Experience/Director Qualifications:
Extensive technology, banking, communications, strategic and executive leadership and marketing experience, as well as experience serving as a public company director.